- Use your discarded jewelries to make curtain tiebacks for an unconventional look. They instantly add impact and dynamism to already existing curtains and drapes.
2. Use a permanent marker and sketch a design on a light bulb. Unleash the artist within you and add a bit of quirk to your room. These bulbs look real pretty both when turned on and turned off.
3. Give a mini makeover to your boring drawers by simply adding a dash of colors on the sides of the drawers. If you want to go an extra mile, let the creative artist within you take the front seat and sketch a beautiful design on the drawers.
4. Make colorful wind chimes using papers, crimp beads, metal hoop, nylon strings and a glass bead for weight. The only valuable investment here is time. Invest time and get yourself a beautiful and chic wind chime without feeling the pinch on pocket.
5. Create a beautiful mess by transforming mason jars into stained decorative vase, candle holders, pencil holders, chandeliers, lanterns or planters.
6.“Small details make big difference”. Use beautiful or funky coasters, unique and interesting desk frames and a small but exquisite crystal vase filled with fresh flowers to spruce up your room’s personality.
7. Hanging plates on your wall is an inexpensive way to give your room that wow factor. Mix and match flea-market finds, cheap plates from discount stores, monochromatic plates. You can also pick from a wide range of colors and forms to add that extra zing. For a freeform presentation, arrange the plates in a flowing and asymmetric pattern. And if you are a stickler for symmetry, go for the symmetrical plate wall arrangement.
8. Unused bolts of fabric or old sheets can easily be transformed into window treatments or a new shower curtain. All you need is a sewing machine, a little imagination and a lot of confidence! Did I just remind you of Sound of Music?
9. Enhance old lampshades by adding hand-stitched accents or by gluing soft muted lace ribbons, scalloped lace trims, flat braided or tasseled fringes along the edges.
10. Why deal with hammer and nails when you can create your customized picture frames? Get those creative juices flowing without leaving a blemish behind by saying yes to Washi tapes.
Once a while, you’re allowed to take shortcuts in life, especially if they make your home pretty. Stay happy, stay fancy!