With a Sofa Set that is big and comfortable, who needs to go outdoors? As summer gets serious, bolt the doors, relax at home and invite your friends over. Choose one of our inspired ideas for enjoyment at home and you’ll never want to step foot out the door again.
The Big TV Series Night Out: There is a phenomenal array of TV series to gorge ourselves on this summer, but the fun is incomplete if your buddies aren’t there to discuss the highs and lows. So why not make plans for a fantastic evening and invite friends over to share your comfortable sofa for a full-on new season of your favorite series. This April sees the new season start of Game of Thrones and also IPL to name a few- so you have both game and series to choose from.
Book Club: Book clubs can be a lot of fun. Start your own club with a few bright and like-minded friends, then your summer is never going to be an absolute bore-fest. Get your book club discussion off to a successful start on your comfy sofa. Gather friends in your living room, throw in some nibbles, soft drinks and some strong opinions and you’ll soon find that you and your friends are having a good time. Discuss anything from To Kill A Mockingbird to Bridget Jones’s Diary-it’s your call. When a good couch and a good book comes together, would you want to go elsewhere?
Date Night: Spent all your money before your date night? Does that mean you can’t have a date night? Wrong. Just make sure that you keep the sofa clean so that she feels comfortable when she sits down, plan a special menu, light the candles and look your best.
Looking for inspiration to decorate your home? Follow our blog and tips to create stylish Home Décor.
It can be a challenging task to redo your small bathroom. When the space is limited, it becomes particularly challenging to incorporate the desired design elements while still maintaining a functional bathroom. So, if your bathroom is small and you need some decorative ideas for it, then you have come to the right place.
1. Add Mirrors: Adding mirrors across an entire wall can instantly double the look and feel of a small space. Mirrors are also effective for reflecting light, so that you can make the most of both natural light and light fixtures. You can always choose from a variety of decorative mirrors to add a touch of style to the bathroom.
2. Create An Accent Wall: If you want to add a splash of color to your small bathroom, you got to place it on the back wall. This technique will not only give your bathroom depth but also add life to it. If you wish to add some pattern, then use it in the same fashion. However, adding too much color can dilute the effect hence concentrate only on one section and keep the rest of the walls simple and light in color.
3. Plants and Flowers: Surround yourself with a bevy of flowers and green plants to create a soothing ambiance of your very own. It is also said that houseplants helps to purify the air. Well, now you’ve got more than one reason to put plants in your bathroom!
4. Wall-mount sink: Install a wall-mount sink to make your small bathroom look bigger. This type of sink is designed to free your floor space and give your small bathroom a unique and stylish look.
5. Colorful Displays: If you want to revamp your bathroom while maintaining a pretty palette, all you need to do is boost your bathroom’s color scheme by adding different colored towels to the wall-hung storage units. To give it a bubbly and lively look, accent a green and blue scheme with occasional pops of coral. Trust me, they look absolutely amazing!
6. Quirky Hand-Towel Holders: You can add personality to your bathroom by adding quirky hand-towel holders. Small touches like these would never go unnoticed!
Which decorative ideas do you like the best? Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Wooden flooring is an often recurring dream for most Home Décor enthusiasts. The rich brown color with the natural sheen looks incredibly sophisticated and chic. The ethereal beauty offered by wooden flooring is sure to cast an instant warmth and patina to any home. Can you recall the time when you were tagged along with your parents to visit a distant relative or family friend and you noticed the flooring made of wood? The footsteps were so prominent as you crossed the hallway. It rings a bell right? Old fashioned houses still have wooden flooring. However, these days, the alternative to wooden flooring is laminated wooden flooring. Lets check out the top 4 advantages of installing wooden flooring.
Looks: The look that a wooden floor offers is incomparable to any other form of flooring. The best thing about wooden flooring is that it goes with every type of Home Décor accent available under the sun. The phrase “beauty lies in simplicity” goes best for wooden flooring.
Value: It goes without saying that this type of flooring looks like a million dollar affair, and should you ever plan to sell your house, it will instantly crank up the value of your home several notches up. Now, that’s awesome, isn’t it?
Timeless Beauty: If taken proper care, Wooden Flooring can last a lifetime. They don’t get easily worn away by the ravages of time. And if hardwood happens to fall victim to partial wearing( which hardly happens), rest assured that repairing them will not suck the life-force out of you!
Easy Maintenance: Yes you read it right. Maintaining and caring for wooden floors isn’t as difficult as it looks. Go for vacuum or regular cleaning on alternate days and don’t forget to use a wood cleaner whenever you think the floors could do with a little polish. Laminated wooden flooring is way easier to clean than hardwood flooring, for unlike the hardwood, the laminated flooring bears the brunt of scratches and moisture.
As Keats had rightly said “A thing of beauty is joy forever”, the beauty of wooden flooring is sure to spruce up your family pad instantly and stay with you for generations to come.
Window blinds are practical and effective solutions to light control and privacy, but cleaning them properly can be a herculean task. Dust easily gathers on blinds just as it settles on an other surface, but with Mobel’s helpful tips and tricks, you can easily take away the stress of cleaning your window blinds.
Venetian Blinds: The horizontal slats on the Venetian blinds gather dust easily. Because of this, the Venetian blinds can at times be off-putting. In spite of all this, there is an easy solution to the weekly cleaning of the blinds which will take very little of your time. There are two simple ways of getting it done. First, keep the blinds open so that the slats are parallel to each other. Take a piece of an old cloth or a duster and gently wipe across each slat to remove the dust. Second, if your vacuum cleaner has an upholstery tool or attachment, you can use it to gently clean the slats without even opening the blinds. But while doing so make sure that the suction power of the vacuum is turned low so that you accidentally don’t pull the slats out of shape.
Vertical Blinds: Unlike the Venetian blinds, these window blinds doesn’t require a huge amount of cleaning. For weekly cleaning of the blinds, close the blinds so that all the slats flatten out making the surface uniform for cleaning. You can then easily wipe the flattened slats with a soft cloth or duster. But remember, while doing so don’t exert much force on the blinds lest they bend or break. When you are done cleaning one side, simply flip the blinds rounds and repeat the process.
It is recommended that you go for a deeper cleaning once every year. To do so, simply leave the blinds soaked in mild detergent for 10-15mins and then wash them under running water. Dry them outdoors. That way you can dry the vertical blinds without marking or creasing.
Roller Blinds: Another kind of blinds which is relatively easier to clean is the Roller blinds. Before picking up that duster, roll the blind all the way down and then gently wipe them using the duster or simply with a piece of cloth. Sometimes you tend to stain your blinds, but you can easily get rid of those stains by dabbing in some gentle liquid detergent on the affected area. Damp a cloth and wash the detergent off. But before doing so, check with your supplier if the type of fabric used for the blind, supports washing liquid.
Now you know that cleaning window blinds is not that difficult, right? And if you are looking for new window blinds, drop by at Mobel Furniture and browse through a wide variety of beautiful window blinds. Thanks for reading. Come back for more tips, tricks and the latest trends in home decor.
It takes seven hues to put a rainbow together and as you step inside Eastern India’s biggest home décor address, Mobel Furniture Store, you will realize the sheer impact colors can have on the mind. Wallpapers with various colors are back in vogue as more and more people opt for it to transform and dramatize the interiors with a distinctive blend of pattern, shine and texture. Apart from Furniture for very space, Mobel offers an unlimited dose of breathtaking designer wallpapers which is sure to put your home on trend with the latest changes in the interior designing world.
Covers Cracked Walls Easily: Unlike wall paint, wallpaper has the unique ability to easily cover cracked or damaged walls. In cases like these, textured wallpapers are a boon. They work exceptionally well in these conditions as even the slightest of wall imperfections are comfortably hidden beneath the wallpaper.
Durability: Even the best of wall paints eventually chip off or fade when exposed to sunlight and areas in home where there is high traffic. However, paints with the right finish can last up to maximum 5 years. Hence, the need for retouching surfaces every 5years.
On the other hand, Wallpaper will be your companion in the long run. Experts are of the opinion that a one-time application is good enough to last for at least 15 years.
Expense: When it comes to taking a look at the price tag, wallpaper is expensive compared to wall paints. However, you must keep in mind the durability factor. Although wallpaper is expensive, it is but a one-time investment. Because it lasts longer, it is actually quite reasonable in the long run.
Various Design Patterns: Wallpapers come in a wide array of design elements or patterns. There is no dearth of variety when it comes to selecting the right wallpaper. Until the right pattern in the right color comes your way, keep browsing through the wallpaper catalogues.
What is your favorite pattern and color when it comes to picking a wallpaper for your home? Comment below and let us know.
Meet Mobel Furniture That Works Double Shift
In a fast paced world like ours, where we are constantly multitasking( well, we’ve been know to answer phone calls and cook at the same time, text and watch television both at the same time) so it’s only normal that we expect our furniture to do at least two things if not more at the same time. It is extremely helpful if one piece of furniture can serve twin purpose. Here’s a list of our favorite multitasking Mobel Furniture designs which does more that meets the eye.
Smart Sofa Cum Bed :- Owing to it’s multitasking ability, this ingenious invention has made it to the top of our double-duty furniture list. Besides the advantage of being cost-effective, this mult-functional furniture not only gives you room to be more creative but also saves space. It is the perfect piece of furniture for unplanned sleepovers, visiting relatives, and that one buddy who’s had one too many. They come in a myriad of colors and designs to choose from and are ideal for small apartments.
Multi-Functional Ottomans:- Did you know that the ottoman’s live multiple lives? Introduced in Europe way back in the 18th C, this versatile piece of furniture was primarily designed to serve as a stool or a footrest. Gone are the days when they were used solely for footrest purpose. The latest trend is to use this furniture as side tables or coffee tables, when not being used as a footrest or stool. Storage ottomans have space built into the design, so that it can double as a hidden place to stow away papers, magazines, dirty laundry and bills.
Multitasking Coffee Tables:- Apart from their fundamental purpose of being a table for supporting beverages, newspapers and magazines, coffee tables in the present times have evolved and become mutable things. The modern coffee table is designed with much thought to serve dual utility. It comes with a table top which is usually made of glass or wood where you can serve your guests delightful evening snacks. On the other hand, the beautifully cut out drawer can be used to conceal remote controls and other belongings, thereby making your humble abode infinitely interesting. Another trending type is the coffee table with stools underneath. It’s a brilliant way to save space and create a warm and cozy spot for home entertainment.
Which is your favorite and why? Have other suggestions? Let us know in the comments.
Almost every living room has a television which ends up becoming the focal point of that room. Now instead of showcasing your television as the only hero of the living room, try finding an entertainment unit that will not only complement the style of your room but will also let you display your other homewares, showpiece, items of home décor or photo frames on the same place without any clutter.
We, at Mobel are here to help you choose the perfect entertainment unit for your room.
1. Large Entertainment Unit:- Large entertainment units usually leave room for the TV in the center with shelves, cabinets and drawers surrounding it. Choosing a large Entertainment Unit will draw one’s attention not only to the television but also place the cabinet,drawers,books and other items of display in the spotlight. Entertainment units with an open back will help the furniture to blend in with the color of your living space. They are available in a range of styles to suit any décor and are usually ideal for large rooms.
2. Low Entertainment Unit: Low entertainment units are designed specifically to leave more scope for artwork, photographs and floating shelves. This piece of furniture provides a table top space to place your television on it. With frames and artworks hanging above the television, the wall will become a signature style, which will truly reflect your taste.
3.Corner Entertainment Unit: In most of the cases, the corner in any room layout happens to be one of the most underused areas. Make the most of these little nooks by using either a modern TV stand or a wall-mounted entertainment unit. Then all that’s left to do is to gently tuck your television away in that cozy corner. This piece of furniture is ideal for rooms with small space.
4.TV Stands with Flat Panel Mounts: Flat-screen televisions have become the norm as prices continue to drop. Not only do they come with an wide range of features but they also look very stylish. This lets you display your TV on the tabletop and should you choose to mount it on the wall, it comes with metallic wall mount placement options too. It is not only stylish but also highly durable.
Looking for other home décor ideas? Feel free to check out our post on 10 inexpensive and easy home décor hacks.
The dining space in your home is not just a place where you sit down to eat your day’s meal. But it is also a place where you get together to engage in a relaxing conversation with the rest of your family with good food for company. Hence, it is vital that the dining space has a positive ambiance.
An important part of a good dining experience is owing a good dining set. Do you own the right dining set? No, still on the hunt for the perfect Dining Table and Chairs? We, at Mobel will help you choose the perfect Dining Set for your home through these simple 7 tips.
1. Have a budget and stick to it:- When you browse an online furniture store or visit a store, you will have so many options to choose for your Dining Set. Not having a particular budget might tempt you to fall for expensive sets. However, if you set a budget and stick to it, you will be able to pick one without much trouble. It is also important that you spend wisely and stay within the set limit so that you can buy other items of utility.
2. Users of the Dining Set:- It is important that you know your users. That way you can decide whether you need a 4 seater or a 6 seater dining table set. If you like friends coming over more often, you can always add some extra seats.
3. Know thy Space Well:- You need to have a clear idea of the space available for your dining are. If you have a big space, bring in a big oval or rectangular table. However, if the available space is small you can always go for a round or a small rectangular table to maximize ease of movement around it.
4. Know Your Style:- So, before you zero down on your favorite dining set, keep in mind what style best reflects you. If you like modern styles, go for dining sets with sleek lines and less carvings. If you like a more Victorian or classic look, select a dining set with detailed carvings and decorative mouldings.
5. Go Shopping!:- Now that you know what to consider while buying the perfect dining set, get going and start shopping. For more tricks and tips on Buying Furniture, follow our blog.
Study shows that an average office worker spends about 65%-75% of their working hours sitting in a chair at a workstation or at a desk. This statistics in itself acts as a potential evidence that connects Office Chairs selection to the overall productivity of the office. In spite of the importance surrounding the choice of office chairs, many still purchase without much thought. The only thought which makes to the top is the price tag. That however should be changed.
Here’s what we think should stand tall on your list when you plan to purchase office chairs.
1. Ergonomics:- Ergonomics play a pivotal role in office chair purchase decisions. It is highly recommended that office chairs have an ergonomic design so that the user can sit comfortably while at work. Comfort at work will increase work efficiency and greatly impact productivity. The easiest way to zero down on your office chair is to look for a chair that can easily be adjusted (height and seat-tilt wise) with the turn of a lever.
2. Materials:- When it comes to material selection, there are different types of materials to choose from. These include mesh, metal, leather, vinyl and fabric. With ergonomics emerging as the trending feature for chairs, many companies are giving a nod to ergonomic chairs with mesh backing for a more comfortable,durable and sturdy experience.
3. Wheels:- In Office, it often happens that you need to move from one desk to the other,hence wheels are recommended for ease of movement. Also, sometimes it happens that you need to move your chair into the conference room, at times like these wheels come handy. Chairs with wheels provide stability and easy mobility.
4. Overall Durability:- Chairs are usually considered as daily workhorses hence you need to choose very wisely or else you might end up buying far more often than you would like to. The important features to pay attention to are: base stability, seat back, armrest, tilt mechanism,wheels and long term seating impact.
If you are looking for new chairs for your office, you can drop by at Mobel Store or talk to one of our Office Furniture experts to find out more about the different types of office chairs.
In a Living Room, the sofa set is most likely the focal point. That inevitably also brings the wall above the couch into attention. Now Decorating an entire wall can be a daunting task, but with a few creative ideas we can boost that wall and bring it to life.
Think Big, Hang Big: Choose a single piece of art which is gigantic in size. Make sure when you hang it on the wall, the bottom edge of the frame is around8-10inches above the sofa. Choose from a wide range of images and works of art. And, stop not till you have that perfect piece of art up on your wall.
Magic of Three: If you like a more theatrical color palette, mix in a bold art with a red or black hue to give your wall a dramatic look. Display a series of 3 piece art work. It is a great way to bid farewell to that dull empty wall.
A Wall For Books: Are you a Bibliophile? You’ll agree when I say that there is no better sight than that of an wall covered with books. Mark the central area and place your couch right in front of a well-stocked bookshelf. Get hold of a cuppa and a good book and make yourself comfortable on that couch.
Gallery Wall: An idea which is rapidly gaining popularity is the gallery wall. They are perfect to create a collage of various art works,photographs,wall hangings and mirrors in frames of different sizes. There are no set patterns to it’s alignment. Mix, match and watch the uneven display enjoy the limelight.
Decorated Mantel: Gone are the days when mantels were meant only for over the fireplace. For a unique living room focal point, secure a mantel just above your sofa and decorate it with candles and small plants.
And if you have any tips or insights, please leave a comment and let us know.