Kitchen styles can sometimes catch you by surprise, more so when the style reflects your choice. Style is much easier to recognize with your naked eyes than words can help: you know it only when you see it and the image that inspires you most is the one which can surprise you the best. Do you think you know your favorite kitchen style? Our experts have come up with 7 great kitchen designs, read and tell us which one steals your attention.
Want to spice things up in that boring kitchen of yours? Well, you are in the right place.
- Give Your Plain Mugs A Makeover:
There’s a simple solution to bring those dull and pale mugs to life-Just Paint. Have a design on mind? Even better! Just paint your heart out or simply outline a design of your liking and Voila! your new customized mug is here.
Make a DIY memo board with nothing but some colorful sticky notes and a discarded picture frame or a blackboard. Hang the frame on your kitchen and stick or pin up those post-its inside the frame. The sticky notes are highly functional. You can write reminders or motivational quotes on them to kick in some energy in your kitchen. Once you have it on the wall, step away from it and marvel your new creation. They look real cute.
- Splash some colors on those spoons:
Bring out those old wooden spoons from the cabinet and dip dye them with the choice of your color. If you think black and white is worth the fight, go for those colors and if you are fond of vibrant colors, close your eyes and go for neon hues. But remember to color just the handles.
- Polka Dot Refrigerator Art:
The front door looks a little old but the fridge is working fine. Is that your fridge I am talking about? Well, you don’t have to repaint the entire fridge to remodel it. Just get hold of some contact paper. Circle punch it, stick it on your fridge door and don’t forget to add some funky looking magnets to improve the look of your fridge. The pop of color in your kitchen will look awesome.
- Stenciled Kitchen Towels:
Turn plain kitchen towels into funky piece of art. Here’s how. Just take a one-colored kitchen towel, cut design of your choice on a piece of hard paper. We recommend you to use hard paper over regular ones to prevent bleeding of paint into the towel. Then dip your paintbrush into your favorite fabric paint and paint the open areas. Pull the paper away and let the paint dry. Bam! Your DIY is ready for use.
And if you have any tips or insights, please leave us a comment.
Is your Small Kitchen troubling you? Want to expand the size of your kitchen without adding extra square foot? If yes is your answer, then follow these simple tips to intelligently modify your kitchen space and make it look bigger.
1. Go the Modular way: Every kitchen has different needs. At Mobel Furniture, Modular kitchens are designed cleverly to maximize work in minimum time with the aid of “optimum space utilization”. A clutter free environment can generate productive work, and if your kitchen can offer you that for starters, cooking will become enjoyable. Get yourself a modular kitchen and season everything with love. You can choose from a wide range of modular kitchen layouts at a budget friendly price from MOBEL to suit your needs. Here are the different types-
- L-Shaped kitchen: As the name suggests, the layout of the kitchen is in the shape of the letter L. One of the best features of the L shaped kitchen is that it blends space maximization with required utility.
- U-Shaped kitchen: Cook in a leisurely fashion with the U-shaped modular kitchen. It is designed to maximize storage space and utility items.
- Straight or Parallel Kitchen: Small apartments or flats tend to have more length than breadth and hence this type is apt to optimize convenience and ample working space.
2. Pick Soft-toned Paints: Lighter colored paints play a prime role in making a small space appear bigger and inviting. Experts suggest painting walls with soft hues like beige, cream or off-white to reflect the natural light in a room.
3. Mix Ambient and Natural Lighting: Create an open feel by keeping room for a window space in your kitchen. Window makes way for natural daylight thus visually expanding the space. Choose task and ambient lighting to give you the same effect at night.
Do the above and you will be amazed to see your small kitchen looking comparatively bigger than it really is. Give it a go and you never know, your friends might want to borrow tips from you when it comes to making a small kitchen look big.
“Just Microwave on high for 1 minute”
“Ready in just 2 minutes”
“Add boiling water and ready in 3 minutes”
Flooded with Ready To Eats?
The Indian home has been flooded with ready to eat food options and these have become the happy choice of many households. Given the hectic lifestyles and ‘so much to do in such little time’ becoming the repertoire of many homes, people are resorting to ready foods. Does that mean the kitchen loses its importance amongst the rooms in your home?
Doesn’t seem so! The kitchen still rules and is the most important part of any Indian home. It is that part of your home where you need to be in order to prepare the ‘ready to cook’ food or the ‘just fry’ pakoras! The kitchen is still the place for your favourite chai or your steaming idlis. So the kitchen retains its place as the star of the Indian home and is shown off to visitors with great pride. Here is where the Modular Kitchen has suddenly become the must have in the Interior Design plan for your house. The need of the hour is a kitchen with an international design yet functionalities that are suited to Indian homes. Doing up a kitchen is a tough call, because living without a kitchen for even 1 day is a bit difficult for most foodies!
When designing your kitchen, there are many questions and choices to be made. Which layout is right for me? Which colour combination will look best? Solid Wood or High Gloss? Wood Touch or Vintage? Which accessories are suitable? Your ‘Kitchen Anxiety’ can be put to rest with Mobel – Modular Kitchen Specialists.
At MoBEL, the designs are inspired from the latest in Europe and manufactured using state of the art German and Italian machines. However, the focus remains on giving an experience suited to Indian cooking needs. So you can have a place to arrange your thalis, to keep the 5 kg pack of ata and to make your delicious spicy curries (without spoiling the kitchen ceiling with the remnants of oil that are so difficult to remove). Put all your worries aside and just call the Mobel Kitchen Designers for a FREE visit to your home. Leave the rest to MoBEL!