The concept of modular kitchen is gaining more and more popularity all over the country and in Kolkata as well. Conceptually, the term defines the modern and state of the art kitchen furniture layout consisting of modules of cabinets. The primary aim of the modular kitchen is to maximize the use of space in any kitchen.
There are a number of good modular kitchen stores mushrooming across the city. However, not everything suits everyone. There are various types of modular kitchen layouts available in the market. You might find it difficult to decide which one is suitable for your kitchen.
The proper use of the workspace is an important aspect to plan any kitchen layout. So, it will be better if you do a proper research before taking any final decision. Please remember that a smaller work triangle is believed to be a better option for any kitchen so that you do not have to move all over the kitchen to find out the necessary equipment.
Types of Modular Kitchen layouts
Some of the most common layouts of modular kitchen are:
- L-Shaped: This is one of the most used modular kitchen This kind of layout is a preferred one in the small homes. The layout gives your kitchen a small, compact and very versatile look. It uses the minimum space to ensure you can work smoothly. Because of its crisp design, the layout is very common in Kolkata.
- Straight Layout: Straight layout is different from the L-Shaped one. The workflow of the design is a straight lined. It is supposed to be a preferred layout for any studio apartment.
- U-Shaped layout: Here you will have a number of storage spaces, floor cabinet and other counter spaces. Thus the layout is ideal for a big family scenario. So, if you live in a joint family, you might visit the nearby modular kitchen store in Kolkata to give your kitchen a smarter look.
- Parallel or Gallery layout: This is supposed to be the most efficient modular kitchen Here the workstation is divided into two working spaces facing each other. It provides plenty of rooms for movement and ample storage at the same time. Thus it is a preferred option for larger houses.
- Island Layout: It is the combination of the both the straight line and L-Shaped kitchen and the unconnected island space. Popular all across the world, this layout is versatile in nature and gives your kitchen a contemporary look. The layout comes with the advantage of two opposite workstations and storage spaces.
- G-Shaped or Peninsula layout: The layout comes with a free standing workspace. It is similar to Island layout. As advantage you can enjoy more dining and storage space. It separates the cooking space with its well defined boundary. This modular kitchen layout is considered ideal for homes with smaller kitchen.
Kitchen is supposed to be one of the most important corners of any home. A well equipped and well decorated kitchen can make your life more comfortable and easy. But it’s a wonder that while we think about decorating and designing our bed room or halls and balcony, the kitchen sometimes get overlooked. In fact one does not even need a professional interior designer to make the kitchen look smart. A smart choice of Modular Kitchen can do the work for you.
In simple sense, is the modern kitchen furniture layout consisting of modules of cabinets to hold accessories inside. These cabinets can be made of diversified materials and are meant to facilitate the maximum use of kitchen space. Keeping pace with the changing world, we have a number of well designed kitchen hardware options in market, to make maximum use of the space. Moreover, all these modular kitchen equipments are very reasonable in price so that anyone can use them.
The trend of using modular kitchen is gaining popularity in Kolkata very fast. Gone are those days, when the concept was limited to the household of the affluent and the rich. Today more and more middle class and upper middle class families are accepting the concept of modular kitchen. As a result, Kolkata has seen a growing number of Modern Kitchen Stores for last few years.
To make your life simpler at kitchen, here are some of the popular modular kitchen equipments you might consider for your home.
- Multifunctional basket: Multifunctional basket keeps all your crockery in an organized way to make sure you have all of them near your hand. So that you do not have to search the entire kitchen if there are guests at home or whenever you need extra dishes or saucers.
- Multilayered Storage: Another key aspect of modular kitchen is multilayered storage that helps you keep all your cans, bottles, food packets in a systematic and organized manner so that you can have easy access to them.
- Hobs/ Cook tops: Popular equipment in modular kitchen is hobs/cook tops. It is very helpful to avoid smoke, steam and odor in your kitchen. In this way, cooker hobs take care of your health as well.
These are some of the key components of a modular kitchen. All these and other equipments ensure maximum use of your kitchen space to make your life simpler and give your kitchen a smart makeover. All these and other equipments are easily available in modular kitchen stores across the city at a reasonable price.
- Designer Shutters: Last, but not least, every modular kitchen needs a designer shutter to make it even more beautiful and aesthetic. Shutters can be of various types like laminated shutters, post formed laminate shutters, PVC membrane shutters among the others. You can choose any of them as per your requirement.