Home décor experts from Mobel are all about providing easy yet stunning DIY projects to spruce up you home without spending too much money. Dig into our unique and amazing DIY projects library for interesting ways to infuse personality into your home.
Wallpaper the Stairs
Give your home a complete facelift by adding gorgeous wallpapers to the stair risers. It is one of the easiest ways to enhance the interior of your home and create an eye-catching centerpiece.
(Image via http://bit.ly/2ce9gfi )
Plain white lampshades when given a personal touch, offers a unique alternative to the sea of plain lampshades found out there in the mass market! Add a paper design of your choice to the inner lining of the plain lampshade or simply draw a design on the outer surface to give your bedroom or living room an artful treat.
(Image via http://go.brit.co/2bYU9u7 )
Mason Window Jars
Did you ever think that mason jars can be amazing elements to add charm to any window? Well, they do. They beautifully dress up your windows and make them look good. So, you see, you don’t need to burn a hole in your pocket to bring home beautiful window treatments. Add candles or flowers to the mason jars and hang them from the top of the window by using some command hook and jute.
(Image via http://bit.ly/2bP7wbf )
Stencil Text On Fabric
Pair marker with a stencil and give new look to fabrics. Use them to stencil your favorite quote on pillow cover, table runner, cloth napkin- basically anything you can think of! When you have stenciled the quote on the fabric, leave it to dry for a couple of hours. Finally, press the fabric before washing to prevent any ink bleeding.
(Image via http://bit.ly/2bQ9j1s )
Put Memories In A Bottle
Regular picture frames can be found everywhere, try something new. Take your favorite photos and display them inside unusual-shaped bottles. Get hold of some pretty tiny shells, some decorative beads or colored sand and place them in the bottom of each bottle. Next, roll up the photo and slide it inside the bottle. Finally, seal the bottle with a fancy cork and some pretty trinkets.
(Image via http://bit.ly/2cc2GqZ )
It can be a challenging task to redo your small bathroom. When the space is limited, it becomes particularly challenging to incorporate the desired design elements while still maintaining a functional bathroom. So, if your bathroom is small and you need some decorative ideas for it, then you have come to the right place.
1. Add Mirrors: Adding mirrors across an entire wall can instantly double the look and feel of a small space. Mirrors are also effective for reflecting light, so that you can make the most of both natural light and light fixtures. You can always choose from a variety of decorative mirrors to add a touch of style to the bathroom.
2. Create An Accent Wall: If you want to add a splash of color to your small bathroom, you got to place it on the back wall. This technique will not only give your bathroom depth but also add life to it. If you wish to add some pattern, then use it in the same fashion. However, adding too much color can dilute the effect hence concentrate only on one section and keep the rest of the walls simple and light in color.
3. Plants and Flowers: Surround yourself with a bevy of flowers and green plants to create a soothing ambiance of your very own. It is also said that houseplants helps to purify the air. Well, now you’ve got more than one reason to put plants in your bathroom!
4. Wall-mount sink: Install a wall-mount sink to make your small bathroom look bigger. This type of sink is designed to free your floor space and give your small bathroom a unique and stylish look.
5. Colorful Displays: If you want to revamp your bathroom while maintaining a pretty palette, all you need to do is boost your bathroom’s color scheme by adding different colored towels to the wall-hung storage units. To give it a bubbly and lively look, accent a green and blue scheme with occasional pops of coral. Trust me, they look absolutely amazing!
6. Quirky Hand-Towel Holders: You can add personality to your bathroom by adding quirky hand-towel holders. Small touches like these would never go unnoticed!
Which decorative ideas do you like the best? Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Wooden flooring is an often recurring dream for most Home Décor enthusiasts. The rich brown color with the natural sheen looks incredibly sophisticated and chic. The ethereal beauty offered by wooden flooring is sure to cast an instant warmth and patina to any home. Can you recall the time when you were tagged along with your parents to visit a distant relative or family friend and you noticed the flooring made of wood? The footsteps were so prominent as you crossed the hallway. It rings a bell right? Old fashioned houses still have wooden flooring. However, these days, the alternative to wooden flooring is laminated wooden flooring. Lets check out the top 4 advantages of installing wooden flooring.
Looks: The look that a wooden floor offers is incomparable to any other form of flooring. The best thing about wooden flooring is that it goes with every type of Home Décor accent available under the sun. The phrase “beauty lies in simplicity” goes best for wooden flooring.
Value: It goes without saying that this type of flooring looks like a million dollar affair, and should you ever plan to sell your house, it will instantly crank up the value of your home several notches up. Now, that’s awesome, isn’t it?
Timeless Beauty: If taken proper care, Wooden Flooring can last a lifetime. They don’t get easily worn away by the ravages of time. And if hardwood happens to fall victim to partial wearing( which hardly happens), rest assured that repairing them will not suck the life-force out of you!
Easy Maintenance: Yes you read it right. Maintaining and caring for wooden floors isn’t as difficult as it looks. Go for vacuum or regular cleaning on alternate days and don’t forget to use a wood cleaner whenever you think the floors could do with a little polish. Laminated wooden flooring is way easier to clean than hardwood flooring, for unlike the hardwood, the laminated flooring bears the brunt of scratches and moisture.
As Keats had rightly said “A thing of beauty is joy forever”, the beauty of wooden flooring is sure to spruce up your family pad instantly and stay with you for generations to come.
Window blinds are practical and effective solutions to light control and privacy, but cleaning them properly can be a herculean task. Dust easily gathers on blinds just as it settles on an other surface, but with Mobel’s helpful tips and tricks, you can easily take away the stress of cleaning your window blinds.
Venetian Blinds: The horizontal slats on the Venetian blinds gather dust easily. Because of this, the Venetian blinds can at times be off-putting. In spite of all this, there is an easy solution to the weekly cleaning of the blinds which will take very little of your time. There are two simple ways of getting it done. First, keep the blinds open so that the slats are parallel to each other. Take a piece of an old cloth or a duster and gently wipe across each slat to remove the dust. Second, if your vacuum cleaner has an upholstery tool or attachment, you can use it to gently clean the slats without even opening the blinds. But while doing so make sure that the suction power of the vacuum is turned low so that you accidentally don’t pull the slats out of shape.
Vertical Blinds: Unlike the Venetian blinds, these window blinds doesn’t require a huge amount of cleaning. For weekly cleaning of the blinds, close the blinds so that all the slats flatten out making the surface uniform for cleaning. You can then easily wipe the flattened slats with a soft cloth or duster. But remember, while doing so don’t exert much force on the blinds lest they bend or break. When you are done cleaning one side, simply flip the blinds rounds and repeat the process.
It is recommended that you go for a deeper cleaning once every year. To do so, simply leave the blinds soaked in mild detergent for 10-15mins and then wash them under running water. Dry them outdoors. That way you can dry the vertical blinds without marking or creasing.
Roller Blinds: Another kind of blinds which is relatively easier to clean is the Roller blinds. Before picking up that duster, roll the blind all the way down and then gently wipe them using the duster or simply with a piece of cloth. Sometimes you tend to stain your blinds, but you can easily get rid of those stains by dabbing in some gentle liquid detergent on the affected area. Damp a cloth and wash the detergent off. But before doing so, check with your supplier if the type of fabric used for the blind, supports washing liquid.
Now you know that cleaning window blinds is not that difficult, right? And if you are looking for new window blinds, drop by at Mobel Furniture and browse through a wide variety of beautiful window blinds. Thanks for reading. Come back for more tips, tricks and the latest trends in home decor.
If you are thinking of redecorating your home but have limited resources of time and money, then this guide is for you. Here MoBEL Furniture presents some fast and easy home decorating tips to add glam and a fresh sense of style in your home.
Window Blinds: Cover your home’s bare windows with blinds or beautiful curtains. This home decorating tip is an easy and simplified way to add a decorative touch of color and sophistication to any room. They look beautiful and glam up your home and makes open spaces look filled and decorated.
Plants and Flowers: Make each and every room of your home look fresh and smell fresh with the refreshing touch of flowers and green plants! Fresh flowers and green plants make any room come alive. Flowers like fresh lily, jasmines, rhododendrons and orchids prove to be the best in decorating the home. But keep in mind that whatever you prefer- fresh, silk or dried flowers and greenery choose or create arrangements that affect the overall décor of your home.
New Lighting: A combination of direct light and indirect light can create an inviting ambiance and works as a great home decorating idea and impacts your overall Interior Designing of your home. Direct light from a new light fixture and table lamps with the indirect light already present in a room makes for a mysterious atmosphere and adds charm to any room.
Throw Rugs: One of the great ways to add a pinch of color to any floor is a throw rug. Throw rugs work even well when the floors are carpeted or under Sofa Sets. Throw rugs are available on vibrant colors and patterns that are unique which gives a room a different look. Throw rugs can be used as wall tapestries and area rugs!
Candlelight: Create a “candlescape’’ and experience the magic yourself. Decorate your home with the magic of candle lights. While one glittering candle adds radiance to a room; a grouping of several candles creates drama and a sense of mystery. Place them anywhere you want. Be it on your bedside table, your center table or even on your Dining Table. Choose from a cluster, a row or a collection of candles in different shapes, If you are thinking of redecorating your home but have limited resources of time and money, then this guide is for you. Here MoBEL Furniture presents some fast and easy home decorating tips to add glam and a fresh sense of style in your home.
These easy home decorating tips are aimed to those who have no time and less money to spend for decorating their homes yet want something stylish, comfortable and out of the box ideas to apply to their Home Furnishing.
So don’t be late, take out a bit of time this weekend to get started.
Colours speak many languages. Sometimes it speaks the language of warmth, somewhere else, of calmness, of peace. In a home, it is the backdrop against which you set up your entire stage. It is which gives you the essence of a room, the feeling per se. Palettes in a colour scheme interact with each other and blends uniquely to create the atmosphere of a particular space.
In simpler words, colours can make or break your home. And if you are having a hard time choosing the right colour for your home and are confused amidst the varied hues and palettes, you are the right place! Mobel Furniture brings to you the Top 5 Colour Trends of 2015 so that you can transform your home from good to glam!
Mediterranean Blue:– One of the trending colours this season is the Mediterranean blue, the fabulously rich palette that one sees in all the panoramic Greek towns along the sea…the windows and doors at Mykonos, the church roofs of Santorini. Also known commonly as the Greek blue nowadays, its one of the hottest colours of the year that looks lovely when paired with shades such as white, pink or gray.
Olive Green:- Another hue trending this season is the Olive Green that’s creating a splash in the Bedroom and kitchen spaces, mainly on kitchen cabinets. A warm tone, this shade reflects an organic fresh feel and is neutral enough to be paired with almost any other vibrant colour.
Gray:- Gray tops the list as the most popular neutral colour of 2015. Soft gray walls paired with contrasted white or light gray ceilings and deep charcoal furniture or deep red accents are the flavour of this season.
Warm Tones:- Warm and muddy hues such as rust, aubergine, dusty oranges, saffron, etc feature on this year’s top trending shades. Used cleverly with a splash of a bright colour on top can give that glam quotient to your living space!
Bold Pairings :- Another trending style is to mix classic colours with a bold and unexpected shade to create a unique and vibrant colour scheme. So classic white and black paired with a bright red or blue and greens paired with splashes of citrus orange hues are examples of the same.
If you are thinking of buying new furniture or just in the mood to shuffle stuff around a bit to give your living space a new look this year, you’re at the right place! Mobel Furniture is here to share the hottest 5 furniture trends of 2015 as given by the furniture and interior experts so that you can bring that style quotient that you see on magazine pages right in your home!
2015’s furniture trends are an interesting mix of traditional and modern look & appeal with a splash of bright colours thrown in! The top 5 trends are:
1. Floral Furniture: Yes, you read it right. After not being in fashion for ages, floral furniture is back and this time with a bang! A paisley printed sofa, a floral armchair or even a floral corner table thrown in your living room can instantly add that touch of glam to your interiors and start conversations! The hottest sofas and armchairs trending this season are all floral! The beauty of this trend is that it goes equally well with both traditional and modern living spaces.
2. Painted Oak: After almost a decade of glass Dining Tables and the ultra modern dining spaces, 2015 is seeing a shift in the trend. The dining room furniture trend of 2015 spells out 100% natural look as the current fashion fad. Oak being available in a wide range of colours is the material of choice and painted oak tables, chairs, cabinets, etcwith its beautiful look and incredibly aesthetic versatility is the choice for both classic and modern dining spaces.
3. Solid Hues & Fabric: Solid coloured, fabric sofas are back in action after losing out to its leather counterparts in the last decades. Its sheer versatility is what brings this stylish furniture trend back to the picture. While leather sofas look best in classic interiors amidst warm colour schemes, solid coloured fabric sofas can maintain the glam quotient both in classic as well as ultra-modern spaces. Also, its easily customizable aspect in terms of its upholstery has brought it back as one of the top trends of 2015!
4. Contrast Walls: Contrast walls are a key to great Interior Designing and have been trending for some time now and is here to stay in 2015 as well. However, what to contrast and how is the question here, depending on your space& interior décor. Contrast walls with one wall being in contrast with the rest of the room, or contrast in the flooring from the furniture or interesting contrast walls against white or light coloured furniture are all hot trends of 2015 which can be pondered upon to bring out the best for your space.
5. Minimalist Bedrooms: Can minimalism ever go out of trend? The mantra in 2015 for Bedroom Furniture is – Go Simple & Stylish. Mobel Furniture’s personal favourite is white gloss furniture, like its bedroom set KV-9911 that works well for both master and guest bedrooms, and fits perfectly for both cozy-romantic or family environment. Pair a white gloss furniture with a contrast wall and voila, your bedroom comes right out of the magazine pages!